Playing games like poker, roulette and slots online is an activity enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. In the early days of online casino gaming, players had a limit of a few online platforms and downloadable clients.
Since then, the industry has grown so much over the past decade that there is now a huge selection of online casinos to play in, many of which offer innovative gaming experiences that you can’t find in a traditional casino.
If you want to try out a virtual casino for the first time, you may not know where to begin. Maybe you have questions regarding the security of playing cash games online or are unsure about which game suits you.
Whatever your concern, we have you covered with our guide to getting started with online casinos.
Are online casinos secure?
This one is an excellent question that all online players, total novices or not, should ask about the casinos they consider joining or switching to for the first time. For the most part, licensed and reputable casinos are safe, legal and secure to play. However, you need to ensure that any casino you choose meets the following criteria:
- The casino in question has a license from the relevant governmental authority for your territory.
- The casino has independent audits from an organization like eCOGRA, and it regularly publishes its payout schedules.
- The casino uses software from leading developers like Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Play n Go, Boss Media and Cryptologic.
- The casino has a minimum of 128-bit encryption, ensuring security.
There is no need to go far to find out whether a casino meets the above criteria or not, as all this information should display on the casino website.
What are the best casino games to play online?
With so much choice in the games that are available in online casinos, it can sometimes be overwhelming to find the best place to start. Many new players enjoy getting to grips with online slot machines first, especially if they lack experience in poker or roulette players because you can play them with low bets and reap a quick payout.
Most reputable casinos also have a selection of free-to-play games to access without needing to make a deposit. Although you won’t win any cash from playing them, these games are an excellent way to familiarize yourself with new variations like video poker or progressive jackpot slots as well as brushing up on your playing skills.
If you want to be more strategic during your time in a virtual casino, blackjack is one of those games that you should focus your attention. Online versions of blackjack have some decent payout potential, and it’s an exciting game to play that requires both strategy and skill.
What are online casino bonuses?
The bonuses and promotions that you find in a reputable online casino are, in essence, gifts and rewards for new and existing players. The types of bonuses on offer tend to vary from casino to casino, but they typically include things like sign-up bonuses, ongoing cashback promotions, free spins, no-deposit and even return-on-deposit bonuses.
Make sure to read the terms and conditions of each bonus before you sign up because some of the higher-value ones have higher-value minimum bets. As long as you know full well the bonus requirements of your chosen casino, there’s no reason why not to take advantage of these money-saving offers.
How can I make deposits and withdrawals?
Another recent development in the online casino industry is the variety of options that now available to make withdrawals and deposits. More and more casinos accept PayPal and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin as a form of deposit, but this isn’t the case across the board, so make sure you check the list of methods accepted by your choice of a casino. Here are some of the most common withdrawal and deposit options you can expect to see:
- Debit and Credit Cards – Online casinos typically allow you to deposit money instantly using a recognized credit or debit card, including Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard, Diners Club, American Express, etc. Debit cards are typically the most preferred method of deposit since the fees are considerably lower or even non-existent in comparison with credit cards.
- Wire Transfer – Another common method for deposits used for withdrawing winnings, wire transfers move money to and from your bank account to your casino account. The process can take a few days depending on your bank’s individual schedule, and in the case of a withdrawal, expect your casino to charge a fee.
- NETELLER – This secure eWallet is a convenient way to both deposit and withdraw. You can create an account for free and typically don’t have to pay fees on any transfers you make into your account from your online casino account.